Player count

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Player count

Post by Blite on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:41 pm

The player count now is only limited to 24 people... the server could probably reach like 40-50 if the playercount was higher. I've seen countless other CC servers die because people stopped playing on them, and if the playercount stays at 24 this server will probably die too. Plus the game is way more fun with ~50 people. If it's a matter of money, I'd suggest getting a donation system that could have stuff like titles, instant use of advanced toolgun, increased proplimit, ect. It just kind of sucks seeing the server constantly be full at such a low playercount, it's like so much potential is being wasted.

Blite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Player count

Post by Khyber on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Well the thing is when servers get large playercounts. They tend to get extremely laggy, they crash a lot,and it's harder to manage. Being an admin on a server that has a playerecount of 60 I know this very well.
Khyber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blite on Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:27 am

I don't think that lag will be a problem. Obviously it may get a little more laggy but on servers that tend to be laggy you'll start seeing bad effects at 24 people. The server atm has almost no lag at all at least for me so I think that it should be perfectly fine with a 40 person player count. More people would be harder to deal with, but that can simply be solved by having more admins. 40 people is not enough of a difference in the playercount to have very big adverse effects but big enough to make the server much more enjoyable imo.

Blite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Bayden on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:31 pm

+ Support, In my mind, We could use more players, this could aid both the CP ratio, increasing server activitiy... Etc, This would increase activity for all flags...OWE, Ow, Stalkers, Rebels, etc...

-OWE Queen, Shay Bayden.
Shay Bayden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blite on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:03 am

Even though the playercount is a bit higher now, I'd still like it to be raised to maybe 40. This way during the weekends the server can pull in some new players. If people see a CombineControl server with 40 people on, they're definitely going to be interested. 30 people is a really good amount but I do not think that it is anything special.

Blite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Bayden on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:34 am

40 would be a prime number, most likely 20 Combine, including CP's, Twenty Citizens, Vortigaunts and rebels.
Shay Bayden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top